Monday, October 13, 2008

Krab Pizza

This blog is for all my interesting recipes I come up with in my boyfriend's kitchen. I have not seen them anywhere but with prior knowledge (such as seeing something made on TV to watching how my mom and grandma used ingredients in their kitchens) I mix and match ingredients and come up with some interesting dishes that even picky eaters will enjoy (for I'm picky).

Today's dish is Krab Pizza.

Ingredients:
about 1/2 lb of imitation crab meat per can of pizza dough
1 can of Pillsbury Pizza dough (or any ready made dough will work)
1 to 1 1/2 cups of store bought alfredo sauce
veggies of your liking (we used portabella mushrooms)
1 2 cup bag of mozzarella cheese
a minced clove of garlic
2-3 Tbsp of olive oil
Pam
garlic salt (I used garlic salt with pepper)

Prep:

1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and minced garlic. Add krab and mushrooms/veggies and heat until mushrooms/veggies are cooked through. Set aside.

2. Open the can of pizza dough onto cookie sheet or baking sheet and roll out per directions. Roll over edges to make a crust. You can add some of the cheese to the inside of this if you like for extra flavor.

3. Using a spoon or rubber spatula, put small amounts of the alfredo sauce onto the rolled out dough and spread out until all the dough is evenly covered. Do not make it too thick.

4. Sprinkle a thin layer of cheese over the sauce.

5. Sprinkle krab/veggie/mushrooms on pizza.

6. Sprinkle a little more cheese over the pizza.

7. Gently sprinkle the garlic salt over the crust you made on the edges.

8. Bake per directions on the packaging.


My boyfriend put poblano peppers on his half of the pizza and loved it immensely.

I hope you try it and enjoy. Let me know if you did!

No comments: